Party Policies on Animals
Had 298 MPs
Animal welfare policies in the Conservative manifesto are outlined below. You can read the full manifesto online.
On Animal Aid’s four election asks:
None of these appear in the manifesto.
Other key animal policies include:
- Tougher sentences for animal cruelty
- Crack down on the illegal smuggling of dogs and puppies.
- New laws on animal sentience.
- End excessively long journeys for slaughter and fattening
- Bring the ivory ban into force and extend it to cover other ivory-bearing species
- Ban imports from trophy hunting of endangered animals.
- Ban keeping primates as pets.
- Bring forward cat micro chipping.